Advice for international candidates

The assessment process for international students is exactly the same, with potential candidates needing to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills, attributes and qualifications to meet the demands of the programme.  




If your qualifications are from a country outside the UK, you need to call the Get Into Teaching helpline on 0800 389 2500. They will advise you on what your qualifications are equivalent to, and can help you with getting a NARIC statement of comparability, which you will need to obtain before applying. 


All overseas nationals arriving to work or study in the UK from 1 January 2021, including those from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, will come under the UK’s points-based immigration system.

The type of visa trainee teachers from overseas will need to apply for may depend on whether their teacher training course is salaried or unsalaried.

Irish citizens will continue to be able to enter, work and study in the UK as they do now.

Candidates from outside the EEA and Switzerland may already need a visa to study or work in the UK. You can check if you need a visa here.



Need further advice?

Contact us


United Learning